Recipe by gardeninthepocket
This rich, healthy blueberry preserve is mostly made of fruit and tastes thick and rich on muffins, cakes, and cereals. It's great for fruit on the bottom yogurt, and excellent spread on a piece of toast at only six calories a tablespoon! Leave out the sugar free j-ello if you prefer a chunky, sauce like consistency.
- 3⁄4 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons gelatin (I use sugar free j-ello in Strawberry)
- 3 ice cubes
- 2 teaspoons Splenda granular or 4 (3 1/2 g) packets Truvia
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat up blueberries and water on the stove. Allow the ingredients to simmer for a few minutes and mash the berries as they cook. Do not allow the mixture to dry out. Add the lemon or lime juice and stir. Add the sugar free gelatin in your flavor of choice (I used strawberry - careful, it's strong. Use unflavored if you prefer a milder taste).
- Remove mixture from heat. Add three ice cubes and stir into the pan until they melt. Add the sweetener of choice and place the mixture in the fridge for eight hours until gelled.