- 5 lbs top round roast or 5 lbs boneless bottom round roast
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry red wine
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- salt and pepper
- 6 cups beef bouillon
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Brown the meat on all sides and remove the meat to a roasting pan.
- Pour the wine around the meat. Sauté the cut vegetables until golden brown and add to the roasting pan. Pour the beef bouillon into the pan. Pour liquid over the roast and cover.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes per pound.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes.