Recipe by Susie Cream Cheese
My sister gave me this recipe. It is the best, easiest roast I have ever cooked. Serve with creamy horseradish sauce.
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
The downside: I actually picked this recipe because I was hoping to recreate a dish that a friend's dad made years back (Mom was given the recipe, lost it, and now he's passed away and the kids don't remember the recipe), but this isn't it. The upside: I love deli roast beef, and now I can make my own at home! I used Lawry's Seasoned Salt instead of the Tony Chachere's Seasoning, but I followed the cooking instructions as written for a 2.3lb roast. The finished roast was nice, juicy and pink inside, perfect to slice thinly for sandwiches later. DH won't touch it because he's Mr. "Very well done, please", but that's his loss. I, on the other hand, like my beef about 5 minutes from mooing, so this is perfection to me (and yes, we cringe at each other's plates when we go to a steakhouse for dinner lol). I'll definitely be making this again, because I think Mom and Dad would love this, too. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 09
- 1 (2 -3 lb) eye of round roast
- Tony Chachere's Seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Season roast to your taste; place on rack in shallow roasting pan. DO NOT ADD WATER OR COVER THE PAN.
- Place roast in the preheated oven and LOWER THE TEMPERATURE to 475°F.
- Roast at 475°F for 7 MINUTES PER POUND.
- Turn the oven OFF and leave roast in oven 2-1/2 hours. DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR UNTIL TIME IS UP.
- Remove roast and slice thinly.