Recipe by Douglas Poe
Back in the 50’s and 60’s this was a weekly staple for family. If you want to fancy it up, substitute green peppers with 1/4 cup red peppers and 1/4 cup green peppers.
Top Review by WellsBells
My husband asked for meatloaf for dinner so I made this for him tonight. I had to make it with just ground beef since I had no pork on hand, but it still came out delicious. I made it with 1 lb of ground beef, one egg and about 3/4 cup of breadcrumbs. Everything else I made the same. The glaze was especially good. Thanks!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine ground beef, ground pork, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper.
- Add eggs, onions and peppers and combine.
- Place meat mixture in loaf pan.
- Bake at for 60 minutes.
- Mix until smooth.
- After meatloaf is done cooking brush with meatloaf glaze and bake another 10 minutes.
- Let meatloaf set 10 minutes before serving.