Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Convent Cookery 1983. this is a fluffy tart salad that really tastes great . i used thawed cool whip instead of whipping cream
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 cup pear, diced
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 12 marshmallows
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
- Mix Jell-O and boiling water until thoroughly dissolved.
- Chill until slightly thickened.
- Whip it until light and frothy; fold in the fruit, nuts, and marshmallows.( i mixed marshmallows in the egg yolks i just used a a coupla handfuls of mini marshmallows ).
- Cook the yolks, sugar and vinegar until thick.( i did this over double boiler with a whisk, and at end of cooking ,add marshmallows )
- Cool and add to whipped Jell-O mixture.
- Whip 1/2 pint whipping cream to soft peaks and fold into Jell-O mixture.
- Pour into pan and chill overnight.
- Serve cold.
This was a hit at my party.The vineagar mixture sounded interesting and I just had to try it. It tastes great. Several asked for the recipe. Thanks for posting.