Recipe by FolkDiva
I take this dip to almost every gathering I go to.....and have never had to haul any of it home! It's never had a real name, but when people ask what's in it?/how do you make it?, the response is always the same: "It's so easy. Five things and stir!". You can actually add additional items like diced jalapenos, sliced black olives, etc to make it your own.....but the basic recipe is always a hit! I use the extra hot Rotel to kick it up, but for those who prefer milder flavor, you can use the regular or even 'mild' Rotel. I DO highly recommend Rotel (rather than any other brand of diced tomatoes w/chilis)...there's just something about the flavor that's very unique. Enjoy!
Top Review by regina rose
This is a Keeper!!!! I've made this dip several times and it's always the same experience... WOW can I have this recipe before I go.It always pleases and is so easy to make so if your looking for something to bring on the compliments give this dip a try!!! And enjoy!!!
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 1⁄2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (any other mexican style cheese or cheese blend works fine)
- 1 (10 ounce) canrotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package Knorr vegetable soup mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In mixing bowl, first combine the sour cream and vegetable soup mix.
- Then drain the excess liquid off of the Rotel and green chiles and stir both cans in with the sour cream mixture. (tip -- don't fuss over the draining, just what pours out of the can easily).
- Lastly, add 2 cups of the cheese and stir everything together.
- Pour mixture into a 10" round baking dish, top with additional 1/2 cup or more of cheese. (Remember you will be serving this in what you cook it in: I always use a round, stoneware baking dish, but a deep dish pie plate or smaller ceramic casserole dish would work as well!).
- Bake for 30 minutes (or until top is golden and bubbly).
- Allow the dish to cool for at least 20 minutes before serving with your favorite tortilla or corn chips. Happy dipping!