Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I was given this recipe by a friend's mom. These are my favorite pancakes. My dad makes them a couple of times a week.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk (or water)
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Add water until desired consistency.
- Pour onto nonstick griddle.
- When the pancake bubbles, flip it over.
- Cook the other side until browned.
Decent pancakes, though I thought the directions were a little vague. They say to add everything and then they say to add the water or milk to desired consistency. I used whole wheat pastry flour and sucanat (unrefined sugar), and lowfat buttermilk because I had some to use up. My son (5) liked his with peanut butter while the rest of us liked them with maple syrup. Not as fluffy as I would have thought with all the baking powder. But still a good pancake recipe!