Recipe by Tugar357
This came from a dear friend of mine's mother. She makes it for her family and the grown children always ask for take home containers.
Top Review by steve in FL
Delicious spaghetti & meatballs! I checked this recipe over and over, to see if I overlooked basil or oregano for the sauce, but made it as posted and it was fabulous - the sausage added so much flavor, I wouldn't change a thing. The meatballs were very flavorful and soft, not rock hard like I'm used to making (LOL), thanks to cooking them right in the sauce. I highly recommend this.
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups water
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- 1 lb Italian sausage
one recipe of meatballs
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg (keeps the meatballs together better tho) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the sausage in a medium pan.
- Strain the tomatoes and finely crush what's left into the sauce pan.
- Add the water and the meatballs and simmer for at least 2 hours; chill, then remove the fat as one layer.
- Reheat and serve over your favorite pasta or on hoagie buns for meatball subs-- freezes well.