Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This sauce was like heaven had come to my lips. I used it on a freshly peppered steak which was an experience. This is now my favourite sauce. It is more of a gourmet sauce and is not sickly so you can serve large quantity's on a single piece of meat.
- 1⁄2 diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2⁄3 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Place the oil in the bottom of a saucepan.
- Cook the diced tomatoes in saucepan on low heat.
- Continually stir them.
- Add pepper and salt early on in the cooking of the tomatoes.
- When the tomatoes are nearly cooked add the dry sherry.
- Now leave the tomatoes for 1 minute so that all the sherry is absorbed in the tomatoes.
- Add the tomato sauce and stir in and then add the paprika.
- Add the water slowly so that the thickness is what you desire.
- Serve on top of steak or as part of a fancy dish.
Well maybe there is something missing in the recipe, but it basically tasted like tomato sauce, I was looking for a more "full-bodied" flavor, not hot (spicy) but something to compliment the sirloin, we had. Maybe adding some "bitters" or worchestershire or garlic or Tabascco maybe more to my tastes. Sorry Mr.D
Gourmet....no. Basic, yes. Sorry, but there are better recipes out there.
Just like what you would get in a 5 star restaurant.