Recipe by cubanb2027
This simple preparation of the "king of cuts" will be sure to wow diners. This can be cooked either indoors, in a pan, or grilled outdoors.
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
WOW! Thank you for posting this! Delicious perfectly grilled tenderloin! Next time I make beef wellington, I will surely cook the tenderloin with this method, before applying the pastry shell.
Made for My Three Chef's Tag.
- 1814.36-2721.55 g whole filet mignon (tenderloin, untrimmed)
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4.92 ml coarse sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a paring knife, clean and trim all silverback from the tenderloin.
- Using a chef's knife cut away the point, or thin part of the loin. (I reserve this piece for anyone who wants a well done piece of meat or julienne it later to make a kick-ass gourmet cheesesteak).
- Cut the remaining loin into steaks approximately 1 and 1/2 inches thick.
- Arrange the steaks on a plate and return to refrigerator.
- Separate the rosemary leaves from the sprigs.
- Using a chef's knife cut the rosemary into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Combine the rosemary with 4 tablespoons of kosher salt in a ramekin, and cover with plastic. Shake for one minute to combine.
- Remove steaks from fridge.
- Pat steaks dry with a clean paper towel.
- Generously season one side of the steaks with the rosemary-salt and some freshly ground black pepper.
- Repeat steps 9 and 10 for the other side.
- To prepare on grill:.
- Preheat grill to highest possible temperature. Lower to temp to high. place steaks on grill and cook for 6 minutes on one side. Using tongs, turn steaks and cook for 5 minutes on other side for medium rare. Remove steaks from heat and allow to rest 4 minutes. Slice each steak and arrange the pieces in an overlapping manner. Sprinkle with fleur-de-sel and serve with desired sides.
- To prepare on stove.
- Heat a dry fry pan over high heat for 5 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to pan. Follow directions above.
- Bon appetit.