Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe makes the best home made chocolate chip cookies ever! I have tried many recipes and tweaked them over the years and finally have mastered it enough to put in my cookbook! They have a nice crisp edge, but a chewy middle! They're perfect!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter, both sugars and vanilla. (When you add vanilla to any recipe, add it to the fat, this being the butter/oil, and the flavor will be more noticeable.).
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Dissovle baking soda in hot water. Add to batter.
- Add salt.
- Slowly add flour.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop onto ungreased cookie sheet, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until edges are just brown.
- Take out of oven and leave them sit on the pan for about 2 minutes as they will continue to bake a bit outside of the oven.
My new favorite chocolate chip cookies! So gooey and soft in the middle. Mmmm