Recipe by Outta Here
Can be served hot or iced. Use sweetener of choice. I use Splenda. Can also use black tea, for a stronger flavor.
Top Review by Annacia
I'm not usually one for milk in my tea but every once in awhile I find a spiced milk tea that is a real treat. This is one of those occasions. Love the 5 spice! and a lovely way to use green tea. I used a light tsp of Splenda and enjoyed a grand afternoon cuppa. Thanks Mikekey for another real winner. :D
- 2 tablespoons green tea leaves (or 2 bags)
- 16 ounces water
- 6 ounces milk (or soy milk)
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil in saucepan.
- Add tea leaves and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place milk in microwavable container and microwave until steaming.
- Add milk to tea mixture, and stir in 5-spice powder. Simmer 1 minute.
- Strain tea into mugs, or refrigerate for iced tea. (strain into glasses over ice).
- Sweeten to taste, with sweetener of choice.