Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Can be served hot or iced. Use sweetener of choice. I use Splenda. Can also use black tea, for a stronger flavor.
- Bring water to a boil in saucepan.
- Add tea leaves and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place milk in microwavable container and microwave until steaming.
- Add milk to tea mixture, and stir in 5-spice powder. Simmer 1 minute.
- Strain tea into mugs, or refrigerate for iced tea. (strain into glasses over ice).
- Sweeten to taste, with sweetener of choice.
I'm not usually one for milk in my tea but every once in awhile I find a spiced milk tea that is a real treat. This is one of those occasions. Love the 5 spice! and a lovely way to use green tea. I used a light tsp of Splenda and enjoyed a grand afternoon cuppa. Thanks Mikekey for another real winner. :D
Great tasting tea you have here! Our standard milk has 2% fat, & that's what I used here! Also sweetened it with a little wildflower honey which we like! Very, very satisfying! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday tag]
What a great pot of tea this recipe makes. I loved all the flavors in this delicious cuppa, I used organic green tea, homemade chinese 5-spice powder and wildflower honey along with 1% milk. Quick and easy to make with excellent results, I can't wait to try this iced. Thank you so much for sharing with us Mikekey, into my keeperbox this goes.