Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Forgot where I got this recipe from, but it's real good
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 2⁄3 cup unbleached cane sugar
- 1 egg
- 5⁄8 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet potatoes, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Sift together oatmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, five spice, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Beat in the egg. Alternately mix in the dry ingredients and the buttermilk.
- Peel the sweet potato and then shred it in a food processor on the smallest setting. Squeeze out the excess liquid and add to the batter.
- In a bowl add all the crumble topping ingredients and work together by hand.
- Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full and top with crumble.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400° F (200°C).