5 Spice Sweet Potato Muffins
- Sift together oatmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, five spice, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Beat in the egg. Alternately mix in the dry ingredients and the buttermilk.
- Peel the sweet potato and then shred it in a food processor on the smallest setting. Squeeze out the excess liquid and add to the batter.
- In a bowl add all the crumble topping ingredients and work together by hand.
- Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full and top with crumble.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400° F (200°C).