Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Basic Stir Fry Marinade From Penzeys
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine or 2 tablespoons orange juice or 2 tablespoons brandy or 2 tablespoons vinegar (I use vinegar because of my kids)
- 1 -3 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder (I use 2 tsp)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- white pepper
- whisk ingredients together.
- use one pound of thinly sliced meat if doing stir fry or one pound of steak tips, pour marinade over meat and place in ziplock bag and marinade for a couple of hours.
- Drain marinade and stir fry meat with assorted chopped vegetables or cook steak tips under broiler or on grill.
I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I like the no nonsense type of instuctions.
I used Five-Spice Powder recipe #66216 and orange juice. I marinaded chicken breast and served it with my Rice-Corn with Chipotle Peppers. I know it was to be stir fried but this worked great on the grill. The chicken was very tender and flavorful.