Recipe by Michelle Czarka
This meal is simply delicious. There is a serious lack of Middle Eastern restaurants around here and this helps to satiate my cravings.
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 (8 ounce) lamb loin chops
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 lb cleaned bagged spinach, tough ends removed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix spices. Season the lamb w/ salt and drizzle w/ olive oil. Coat both sides of the chops w/ the spices.
- In a very large skillet, heat the 1/4 cup of olive oil until shimmering. Add the chops and cook over moderate heat until browned and medium-rare, about 7 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, melt the butter. Add the shallots and cook over moderate heat until softened & golden. Add handfuls of spinach to the skillet and cook over moderate heat, stirring and adding more spinach after each batch wilts. Season w/ salt , mound on plates and serve w/ lamb.