A wonderful side dish with an asian flair! Found this recipe on the internet.
Make and share this 5-Spice Carrots recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel carrots, and split lengthwise, and then cut in 1/2 diagonally, trying to keep them of equal length and thickness.
- Arrange carrots in baking dish and toss with 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- Sprinkle with 5-spice and salt.
- Mix throughly with hands.
- Arrange carrots equally in dish and bake for 30-40 minutes, tossing with tongs after 15-20 minutes.
I served this with to raclette (Swiss melted cheese)!
Perhaps a strange combination, but this was perfect as the spices are a great combination to melted cheese.
Thanks a lot for this wonderful easy side dish!
Thank you so much for sharing this recipe Galley Wench. We love roasted carrotes and these ones are excellent. Quick and very easy to make, with terrific results. Tender, crisp carrots that are very flavorful. All the spices work well together. Made exactly as written, I used small carrots so I didn't halve them, I also ground my own spices to create chinese 5 spice mixture. The freshly ground spices gave the dish a nice, mellow subtle flavor. Made for Fearless Red Dragons - ZWT8 - Family Picks Round
So simple and delicious! Everyone loved them! The only thing I did differently was to do it on the stove top. I had it on high for the first 5-8 minutes then turned it down to low and let it cook the rest of the way. Next time I'll have to try to make it in the oven.Thanks for a keeper!:) Made for ZWT6 Queens of Quisine!!