Recipe by Galley Wench
A wonderful side dish with an asian flair! Found this recipe on the internet.
Top Review by awalde
I served this with to raclette (Swiss melted cheese)!
Perhaps a strange combination, but this was perfect as the spices are a great combination to melted cheese.
Thanks a lot for this wonderful easy side dish!
- 7 -8 large carrots
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel carrots, and split lengthwise, and then cut in 1/2 diagonally, trying to keep them of equal length and thickness.
- Arrange carrots in baking dish and toss with 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- Sprinkle with 5-spice and salt.
- Mix throughly with hands.
- Arrange carrots equally in dish and bake for 30-40 minutes, tossing with tongs after 15-20 minutes.