Recipe by mailbelle
I never really cared for pumpkin until recently, so I'm now on the hunt for pumpkin recipes. This is from the "Weight Watchers Simply Delicious Winning Points Cookbook."
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 10-inch pan with nonstick spray, then lightly dust it with flour.
- Combine the flour, granulated sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine the eggs, oil, milk, pumpkin puree, and vanilla in another bowl.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture; stir just until blended.
- Pour the batter in the pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 55-60 minutes. Cool in the pan on a rack 15 minutes; remove from the pan and cool on the rack 30 minutes.
- Combine the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice in a bowl. Drizzle over the warm cake.