Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
When I want to get dinner on the table in a hurry, I pull this out of my arsenal. A cut above for a quick meal. For those fans of Mexican food, this quickie will not disappoint.
- 1 (12 ounce) can roast beef in gravy
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Wondra Flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 4 flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- Place roast beef in saucepan and mash with fork.
- Mix in green chiles, garlic powder, chili powder, ground cumin,, beef broth and Wondra Flour.
- Bring to boil and simmer 2 minutes.
- Place refried beans in a microwave safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap and heat in microwave about 2 - 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Heat tortillas separately over open flame on stove, turning frequently until heated through or heat on griddle or frying pan, turning once.
- Place warmed tortilla on plate and spread with refried beans. Remove a serving of beef from saucepan with slotted spoon and place over refried beans. Top with shredded cheese.
- Fold sides of tortillas in about 2 inches. Roll the burrito, starting with the side closest to you and roll away from you.
- Ladle some beef & green chile sauce over burrito and top with cheese. Garnish with a dollup of sour cream.
- Note: If there is a Costco near you, the Kirkland brand canned roast beef is very good.
This was delicious! I made as written only using 1/2 of the refried beans. Topped with sour cream, your Macho Guacamole#260831 and a few tomatoes diced up. Definately a keeper. Thank you for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2012.
This was very good. Next time i will double the meat mixture, and omit the beans... i felt like they took over the flavor.