Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
You absolutely will not believe how fast you can make the most decadent, moist, one-serving chocolate cake without eggs or milk. This is a variation of the famous wacky cake or crazy cake. It's sooo good! You stir all the ingredients and microwave it in a coffee cup. Try it. Seriously.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Stir together all the dry ingredients in a large coffee cup.
- Add wet ingredients and mix well with a fork.
- Microwave on 50% power for 3 minutes. (I think most microwaves are 1500 watts, so that's about the same as 750 watts for three minutes.) I always have my cup on the rotating plate. ENJOY!
I'll admit that I add a full tablespoon of the cocoa and a full teaspoon of vanilla, but oh my, is this good. Moist, surprisingly rich for the lack of actual chocolate and so easy. My microwave is high powered and doesn't change settings, so for me it only takes 1 minute to cook too!
Light, fluffy, full of flavor and it's not rubbery! SO GOOD,
This is a great mug cake recipe: It bakes up nice and fluffy with a fudgey part, too. I like the vinegar method, I think it really helps the cake to bake up this nicely. I used half whole spelt flour in this and reduced the sugar to 1/8 cup, but next time I might add in 1-2 tbs of bittersweet choc chips to compensate for that. I somehow like that taste better than just cocoa and sugar in a chocolate cake.
I only needed 1/2 ts of oil for my cake.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper, WICC! Ill surely make it often again (probably too often ;) ).
Made and reviewed for our VIP during Veggie Swap #47 June 2012.