Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Found this recipe in David Rocco's Dolce Vita and my daughter loves it! I've adjusted some of the ingredients to the way we like it. Also, I doubled up so I could freeze some.
- 1⁄2 cup good olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 (24 ounce) cans tomato sauce (or plum tomatoes)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon basil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon parsley
- In a stockpot, heat up olive oil and lightly brown garlic and onion. (and red pepper flakes, if using them).
- Add tomato sauce, salt, basil and parsley.
- If using plum tomatoes, in stockpot, puree whole tomatoes with hand blender.
- Simmer sauce for 5 minutes.
- Cook noodles according to pkg.
- Spoon sauce over noodles and serve with a fresh salad and bread.