Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
There are lots of great borscht recipes at Zaar...but not my mothers' recipe. She BOUGHT IT! Oh, so simple and only 25 calories per cup, 0g fat, and only 6 carbs!
- 32 ounces borscht, bottled low calorie
- 3 medium baking potatoes, peeled, large dice (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream (optional)
- black pepper, fresh ground
- Chill bottle of Borscht.
- Open and pour yourself a refreshing summer drink! ~OR~.
- Cook potatoes in boiling water til just fork tender.
- Drain, and place while hot into soup bowl and pour cold Borscht over, spoon out some of the chopped beets that are in the bottle and add to soup. Some pepper and that's it!
- If you wish, a small dollop of sour cream can be added. You can also prepare the Borscht beforehand by whipping one cup of Borscht liquid with the sour cream and returning this to bottle and shake to blend.
Why is it called 5 Minute Summer Borscht if it takes 30 minutes to make?