Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's is a great simple salad. With just a touch of the southwest. MANGIA!!!
- 6 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup mexican style shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 1⁄4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup tortilla chips, broken
- ARRANGE lettuce in bottom of glass serving bowl or on serving plate.
- LAYER beans, corn, salsa and cheese evenly over top.
- DRIZZLE with dressing; sprinkle with chips.
- You can change the cheese and beans to your favorites.
I needed a salad without mayonnaise, and this really was good. I used kidney beans with taco seasoning and fresh salsa (because I ran out of bottled), and everyone really enjoyed it. This is definitely a recipe keeper for hot summer days and BBQs!
This is a perfect summer dish! I leave out the ranch dressing because none of here like it and I cook some ground Bison with taco seasoning. Even the kids love this salad! Thanks for sharing.
A very good, colorful, versatile salad. I used medium salsa and low-fat ranch dressing. I thought it needed onions, so I added some. If I had fresh tomatoes (especially homegrowns) I think I'd use them in place of the salsa. Thanx for a nice salad lunch. I'll whip this again when I'm in the mood for a quick satisfying salad!