Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
Couldn't be easier!
- 12 jumbo shrimp or 12 prawns, peeled and deveined
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons sherry wine
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and stir fry the prepared shrimp or prawns for 2-3 minutes until pink.
- Add the sherry to the pan; stir and continue to cook for 30 seconds until the shrimp are very fragrant.
- Season with Tabasco sauce, salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
These were lovely, I had some cooked prawns, so just heated those up in the sauce. I used Marsala since that's what I had on hand. Yummy. My phone appears to have eaten my photo, sorry I can't share that one with you.
Cocktail shrimp was on sale, so I used a bit of the oil to cook a clove of minced garlic and just warmed up the pre-cooked shrimp quickly in the oil and sherry. Still turned out great! The tabasco gives it a great little kick. Everybody loved it!
Made it as an appetizer. So delicious, and very easy.