This was made by my son with leftovers and I have to say it was delicious. We all ended having our meal made by him. Very good for using up small amounts of leftovers and odd and ends from the refrigerator.
- 8 pita breads
- 1 cup bolognese sauce (leftover)
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- Put grill on at hottest temperature.
- Heat up leftover sauce in microwave for approximately 3 minutes.
- Spread sauce over pita.
- Cover with cheese.
- Grill approximately 4 or 5 minutes.
- Adapt recipe using anything from sliced vegetables on top of sauce before adding cheese.
- We used a mix of Cheddar and Mozzarella cheese.
- Go ahead; give the kids their choice; really does make a quick,easy snack.
That is a quick lunch, easy to do. I used Red Wine Bolognese and used mozzarella cheese. So yummy. Thanks bevs kitchen :) Made for bargain basement tag game