Recipe by lil'chef_3
Made in a coffee mug that you cook in the microwave! I got this from my nextdoor neighboor who found it on an internet forward. its delicous! It can be a little dry, try topping or swirling with chocolate syrup?
Top Review by Rowenna
I've been making this over the years, and I like it, it's fun, but I have to change it to make it palatable: buttermilk instead of milk makes it much more moist. Also, saturate it with chocolate chips. That will also help the texture/taste. I've gotten funky and, during the holidays, added Andes baking mints to the mix, red or green. That actually came out really tasty. The way I do it also tends to make a huge mess (because of so many chips, I think), so use a big mug! Also, do yourself a favor and grease the mug first.
- 4 tablespoons cake flour (plain flour, not self-rising)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips (you can add more or less)
- 1 dash vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Add dry ingredients to a coffee mug and mix well.
- Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips and vanilla essence, mix again.
- Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minuter at 1000 watts.
- The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
- Allow to cool a little and you can tip onto a plate if you want.