Recipe by chef1209314
Quick and satisfying. I discovered this when I was itching to try Tofurky slices. Sometimes, the bread can get a little soggy, but the taste outweighs the presentation, especially if you're a hungry university student. This is open to change to suit your taste and resources. Try with any veggies you have handy in the fridge.
- 2 slices non-dairy bread
- 3 slices meat (Tofurkey or other vegan deli-style slices)
- 3 slices casein-free cheese (I use Veganrella)
- 1⁄2 cup spinach
- 1⁄4 sliced zucchini or 2 sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 yellow bell pepper, in strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer the ingredients on the bread -- my style is as follows: "meat", spinach, cheese, "meat", spinach, veggies, cheese, "meat", spinach, cheese.
- Top the sandwich off with another slice of bread, and cut diagonally so you have two classy triangles.
- Microwave until the cheese has melted (about 1 minute 30 seconds).
- Wait until it's cooled, then chow down!