I saw Melissa make these on the Next Food Network Star show and wanted to try these for my family. Quicker baking time with the smaller portions. NOTE: I layered the potatoes, cheese, seasonings and onion several times and cooked it closer to an hour in my oven.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray 8 muffin tins with vegetable spray.
- Layer potato slices, cheese, and onions into each muffin cup.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top each gratin with 1 or 2 tablespoons of heavy cream.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, removing the foil halfway through cooking time. Invert gratins onto plate and serve.