Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you don't have time to cook your beans canned garbanzo beans (BPA- free) makes this Mediterranean-style salad an easy addition to your Healthiest Way of Eating. And you will also be enjoying a rich source of health-promoting dietary fiber.
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (bpa-free)
- 2 medium garlic cloves (minced or pressed)
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese (optional)
- 6 sliced kalamata olives (optional)
- 1 teaspoon rosemary (optional)
- Press or mince garlic and let sit for at least 5 minutes to bring out its hidden health benefits.
- Drain liquid from garbanzo beans and rinse under cold running water; this helps prevent intestinal gas.
- Combine all ingredients with lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
I used the optional kalamata and feta. For us, it added a lot of flavor. I didn't use the rosamary. This salad is filling and yummy. THanks jmkuhns :) Made for Cookbook tag game
We liked this. I used a Mediterranean Feta and the olives. I also used grape tomatoes, halved. A very nice change of pace meal. I think I would use less olive oil next time. I might consider adding a little diced chicken. Thank you
Loved this recipe, it's a great as a lunch for the work week. I did cut the onions and garlic in half as they seemed like a lot. Next time I will make 2 batches for the next day.
Thanks, for sharing.