Prep 10 mins
Cook 21 mins
That is, 5 minutes after it has been in the slow cooker all day. This recipe is by Renae Woods.
Make and share this 5-Minute Crock Pot Burritos recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (3 lb) pork sirloin roast
- 2 teaspoons southwest seasoning
- 3 cups prepared chunky salsa, divided (use mild, medium or hot)
- 8 -10 flour tortillas or 8 -10 corn tortillas
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese or 1 cup colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves (snipped or chopped)
- Rub Southwest seasoning on both sides of pork and place in slow cooker.
- Pour 2 cups salsa over pork, cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Using two forks, shred pork.
- Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and heat in a 350-degree oven for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon pork mixture onto center of each tortilla and top with additional salsa, cheese and cilantro.
- Broil 1 minute or until cheese is bubbly.
- Roll up like a burrito to eat.
- Serve with black beans and Spanish rice.
This was pretty good and super easy to make. I used a package of taco seasoning rather than making "southwest seasoning". Used our favorite salsa and added about half a cup of water. I was worried it was going to be too salty. I shredded the meat after about 6 hours or so and continued to cook in for about an hour more. The left overs were even better then the first go around. I imagine it would freeze really well too. Thanks for sharing!
Great recipe! I used a package of taco seasoning on the pork, and served it on burritos with sour cream, extra salsa, lettuce, chopped tomatoes & cheese. The kids loved it!