Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
A single-serving of an "I NEED IT NOW" chocolate cake recipe, but with a *slightly* healthier twist than the version being circulated via email
- 4 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons vanilla-flavored soymilk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 dash vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Place dry ingredients into a microwave safe mug and stir well.
- add egg and stir.
- add soy milk, apple sauce, vegetable oil, and vanilla and stir.
- add chocolate chips and stir.
- Place in microwave and cook for 3 minutes at full power (1000 watts). The batter will rise/inflate while cooking -- don't worry - it won't spill over.
- Let cool and eat right out of the mug!
- NOTE: Original recipe called for all purpose flour, 4 tablespoons of sugar, 3 tablespoons of oil, and a greased mug so the cake can slide out after cooling. To be honest, I found the serving a bit too large, but I'm not accustomed to eating such big servings of dessert!