Recipe by Lainey6605
These potatoes are simple to prepare. You just toss refrigerated precut potatoes with purchased cheese sauce for homemade taste without the work. I clipped this from Woman's Day.
- 1 (1 lb) jar cheddar cheese sauce (like Double Cheddar cheese sauce by Ragu)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 4 scallions, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 (2 lb) bagrefrigerated red potatoes, wedges (6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees; grease a 1 1/2 quart shallow casserole.
- Stir cheese sauce, nutmeg and cayenne until blended.
- Reserve 1 T of scallions for garnish.
- Stir remaining scallions and the potatoes into cheese sauce until well mixed.
- Spoon into casserole, sprinkle with cheese and cover with nonstick foil.
- Bake 30 minutes, removing foil after 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender, mixture is bubbly and top is slightly browned.
- Sprinkle with reserved scallions and let rest 10 minutes before serving.