Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
When you have the taste for a warm cheese fruit Danish and have bread, jam and cottage cheese in the pantry, you can make your own. This is fast, easy and really good. To make it even tastier you can butter the toast.
- 1 slice toasted white bread
- 2 tablespoons cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon fruit preserves or 1 tablespoon marmalade or 1 tablespoon jam
- 1 dash cinnamon
- Put toast on broiler pan.
- Spread cottage cheese on top of toast.
- Spread fruit of choice on top of cheese.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Broil for 5 minutes or until fruit is bubbly.
I've been making this for breakfast for years! It would be a danish, if a danish were healthy. But either way, it is a very healthy and tasty breakfast if you use whole wheat bread as I do.
This didn't really seem like a danish to me, but it was a tasty snack anyway. I used strawberry preserves. Low fat, quick, and easy.