Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Rachel Ray.
- 1 loaf raisin bread, any variety
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 fluid ounces brandy (2 jiggers)
- whipped cream, in spray top canister from your dairy aisle
- nutmeg, grated (to garnish)
- Heat a griddle pan over medium heat. Cut 4 thick slices of cinnamon raisin bread. Butter both sides of the bread slices with softened butter. Grill bread until brown and crispy on both sides, 2 minutes on each side.
- While bread grills, in a small saucepot, heat sweetened condensed milk or reduced fat sweetened condensed milk over medium low heat for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in brandy.
- Cut each grilled slice of bread into quarters and pile into 4 dessert cups. Top bread with a few spoonfuls of hard sauce of sweetened condensed milk and brandy and a generous swirl of whipped cream. Garnish cream with a sprinkle of nutmeg and serve.