Recipe by BeachGirl
This makes a pretty presentation at a cocktail party, and everyone loves it. Definitely best if made with fresh shrimp or crab. For overnight ballgame trips, I often take each layer prepared in separate bags or plastic containers, and assemble the morning before the football games.
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 12 ounces Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1 bunch green onion
- 2⁄3 cup cucumber, seeds removed,peeled and chopped
- 3⁄4 lb shrimp (peeled, cooked and coarsely chopped) or 3⁄4 lb lump backfin crab meat
- 1 ounce shredded sharp cheddar cheese (1/4 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup canned sliced jalapeno pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil shrimp just until pink.
- Drain and set aside.
- Bottom Layer- Mix all ingredients and spread in shallow serving dish.
- I use a round one with a flat bottom and shallow sides.
- Second layer- Spread chili sauce over bottom layer.
- Third Layer- Press cucumber between paper towels to remove all excess moisture.
- Sprinkle cucumbers and onions over Chili sauce layer.
- Fourth layer- sprinkle shrimp over veggies.
- Finally, sprinkle cheese and jalapeno peppers on top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill.
- Serve with crackers and a spreading knife.