Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
Quick! Add this to your cookbook! Don't let this one get away! heh.. I found this a while back and it spoke to me. It really is a perfect recipe! I hope you will give it a try! 8)
Top Review by Autism Mommy
Made two pans of this because I over did it in Michigan and bought an entire bushel of peaches! The only thing I added to the already great recipe was chopped pecans in the topping and maple syrup to the drizzle. Yummmmmmm! Thanks Ocean Ivy for helping to put a dent in my dozens of golden gems.
- 1 (21 ounce) can peach pie filling
- 1 (16 ounce) can peaches in light syrup, well-drained
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick oats
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
Coffee Cake Ingredients
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°; grease a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Stir together all filling ingredients in medium bowl and set aside for now.
- Combine all topping ingredients in medium bowl until it resembles coarse crumbs; set aside.
- Combine the sugar and 1 cup butter in a large mixer bowl.
- Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy (2-3 minutes).
- Add eggs, the sour cream and vanilla extract.
- Continue beating, scraping bowl often, until well mixed (1 or 2 minutes).
- Add all the remaining coffee cake ingredients.
- Continue beating and scraping the bowl often, until smooth (1-2 minutes).
- Spread half the batter into pan.
- Spread peach filling over batter.
- Drop spoonfuls of remaining batter over filling (do not spread).
- Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake 60-70 minutes or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Stir together powdered sugar and enough milk in small bowl for glazing consistency.
- Drizzle over the cooled coffee cake.