1/3 Photos of 5-Layer Mexican Dip or Nachos Supreme
This is a spectacular layered dip to serve out of a glass trifle dish or casserole. Goes together in minutes, and can be made ahead. It's great served either hot or at room temperature with warm tortilla chips (we like it with Tortilla Scoops) and an ice cold beer or margarita. Optional: Add strips of grilled carne asada or pollo asada and layer in a dish for a killer nachos supreme! Tip: I use Mexican Seasoning Mix for the seasoning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can spicy refried beans
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (1 ounce) package lawry's taco seasoning mix (or Mexican Seasoning Mix, to taste)
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies (or salsa)
- 4 somewhat firm avocados, diced small
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon or 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups green onions, chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 6 ounces chopped black olives
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- tortilla chips, warmed (such as Scoops)
- 1In a 13 x 9-inch glass serving dish, spread the refried beans.
- 2Mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise and seasoning mix. Spread this on top of the beans.
- 3Put on a layer of the chopped green chiles (both cans). Note: You may substitute 8 ounces of chunky salsa for the chopped green chiles.
- 4Mix together the diced avocados, lemon juice, salt and garlic powder. Spread this on top of the green chiles.
- 5Mix together the shredded cheese, green onions, chopped tomatoes and chopped olives. Sprinkle this on top. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro.
- 6May be served right away, or cover and chill for up to 24 hours. -OR-, to serve hot:, bake at 350 degrees F until hot and bubbly, about 15 minutes.
- 7Serve with warm tortilla chips (we like Tortilla Scoops).
- 8TO MAKE NACHOS SUPREME:.
- 9Layer dip with tortilla chips and sliced carne asada steak, pollo asada, seasoned ground beef, or shredded chicken; top with extra shredded cheese and diced green chiles. Bake or microwave briefly until heated through and the cheese has melted. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 5-Layer Mexican Dip or Nachos Supreme
Serving Size: 1 (1169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1195.1
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 33.1 mg
- Sodium 5160.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 163.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 56.0 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 60.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: