Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs 10 mins
I found this recipe on BackoftheBox.com and thought this would be nice for a Cinco De Mayo celebration. It is listed under appetizers but I would even eat this for a quick lunch. Kraft Foods created this recipe.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can refried black beans
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup sour cream, Breakstone or Knudsons
- 1 cup cheese, Kraft shredded cheddar
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- ripe olives, pitted (optional)
- tortilla chips (optional)
- In small bowl, mix beans, chili powder, and cumin. Spread this on the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Layer remaining ingredients on top of bean mixture. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
This is a great layer dip variation - the use of refried black beans makes it stand out from similar recipes. Nice presentation and very flavorful. Thanks for sharing! ZWT8
This is a quick easy good recipe to whip up. I used all ingredients mentioned and also drizzled salsa on top when I served it! Thanks for a great recipe that I will definitely make again!
This is a great recipe. My family has been eating mexican dip with every family get together that we have. My sister and mom loved this recipe they wanted to know what I put in it. I made it for my graduation party and it was a big hit, I should have doubled it.