Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I LOVE 7 layer dips but I can't ever eat them because they have so many different dairy products in them... problem solved! Dairy eaters don't even notice the difference, guaranteed!! :)
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs turkey
- 30 ounces refried beans
- 30 ounces corn
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 7 ounces diced green chilies
- 2 large avocados
- 1⁄2 cup salsa, of your choice
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Brown the ground meat with the garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper, drain, and put in the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish. Spread the refried beans on top and place in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together corn, mayonnaise and green chilies in a bowl. Remove the meat/beans from oven and spread the corn mixture on top of it.
- Mash the avocados and add the salsa making a guacamole (you can buy premade guacamole if you want but my personal preference is for fresh!). Spread on top of corn.
- Top with diced tomatoes. Refrigerate till ready to serve.
- This dip goes a lot further than you think it does so if you're not going to have 12-15 people eating it I recommend halving the recipe and putting it in a smaller dish. I have even it as much as two days later but the avocado gets yucky after that so I recommend only eating the leftovers the next day!