Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this in my mothers recipe collection.I HAD to post it.Never seen anything like this.I will be making this very soon! 8)
- 1 3⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packets instant vanilla pudding
- 1⁄2 cup Amaretto, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cornstarch
- 5 cups thawed blueberries
- 2 containers whipped cream, thawed
- Heat oven to 350.
- Grease a 13x9x2 baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl,combine the eggs,3/4 cup sugar and cream cheese.
- With electirc mix,beat on medium until smoothy.
- Pour over crumbs mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes,then cool.
- In mixing bowl,combine the milk,pudding& amaretto.
- At low speed,beat for 2 minutes.
- Spread this over cream cheese layer.
- In a saucepan,add 1 1/4 cups sugar and cornstarch.
- Gradually add in amaretto,stir mixture until smoothy.
- Stir the berries in.
- Cook on medium heat,keep stirring until thickened.
- Let cool.
- Pour blueberry mixture over pudding layer.
- Refridgerate,then spread whipped cream over berries!
The directions are lacking some pertinent information- like how much milk to mix with the pudding and you are on your own with the crust instructions. I was deep into the recipe when I noticed the omissions so I had to guess. I used 1/2 of the requested pudding and blueberries and it was plenty. I could have doubled the cream cheese layer- it came out thin. The final product did turn out impressive and brought great compliments but it was frustrating!