Recipe by 1stimeMom
This recipe has been passed down from my best friend's mom Barb Guesman. It is super easy with only 5 ingredients and practically no prep time - it's perfect for throwing together for an unexpected guest or a quick snack! We love it for football games, holiday parties or any get together. I have eaten MANY pans of this for dinner... by myself I am sorry to say! You can prep this at home and bring it with you... travels well. And it has NO BEANS! Enjoy!
Top Review by Louisville Mimi
This is so funny to see this recipe here. I'm the Mom who gave the recipe to 1stimeMom and sooooooooooo many others. I got the recipe from Barb back in the early 80's. Everyone loves this recipe. Try it--you won't be disappointed.
- 15 ounces chili without beans (don't get the kind with beans- Hormel is best)
- 16 ounces cream cheese (full fat, low fat or no fat)
- chopped bunch scallions also called green onion (grocers produce)
- 6 ounces green chilies (Mexican isle)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese (or Mexican blend)
- 16 ounces tortillas or 16 ounces corn chips
- pitted sliced black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 - don't nuke it!
- Use large rectangular 11x14 glass baking dish/Pyrex.
- Spread cream cheese on bottom of pan.
- Spread chili no beans on top of that.
- Spread green chilis on top of that.
- Spread green onions/scallions on top of that (to taste).
- You can add olives here if you wish.
- Spread cheese on top of that.
- You get the picture it's a layered dip. It's simple.
- Bake at 350 until bubbly around edges.
- Don't burn your mouth trying to eat it too soon. It's hot! But not spicy -- and.
- hand out recipe cards. Everyone will want it.