Prep 3 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe has been passed down from my best friend's mom Barb Guesman. It is super easy with only 5 ingredients and practically no prep time - it's perfect for throwing together for an unexpected guest or a quick snack! We love it for football games, holiday parties or any get together. I have eaten MANY pans of this for dinner... by myself I am sorry to say! You can prep this at home and bring it with you... travels well. And it has NO BEANS! Enjoy!
- 15 ounces chili without beans (don't get the kind with beans- Hormel is best)
- 16 ounces cream cheese (full fat, low fat or no fat)
- chopped bunch scallions also called green onion (grocers produce)
- 6 ounces green chilies (Mexican isle)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese (or Mexican blend)
- 16 ounces tortillas or 16 ounces corn chips
- pitted sliced black olives
- Preheat oven to 350 - don't nuke it!
- Use large rectangular 11x14 glass baking dish/Pyrex.
- Spread cream cheese on bottom of pan.
- Spread chili no beans on top of that.
- Spread green chilis on top of that.
- Spread green onions/scallions on top of that (to taste).
- You can add olives here if you wish.
- Spread cheese on top of that.
- You get the picture it's a layered dip. It's simple.
- Bake at 350 until bubbly around edges.
- Don't burn your mouth trying to eat it too soon. It's hot! But not spicy -- and.
- hand out recipe cards. Everyone will want it.
This is so funny to see this recipe here. I'm the Mom who gave the recipe to 1stimeMom and sooooooooooo many others. I got the recipe from Barb back in the early 80's. Everyone loves this recipe. Try it--you won't be disappointed.