Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is the cakiest mug cake Ive ever made and so easy, too. The original comes from kirbie's amazing blog: kirbiescravings.com, but Ive modified it a bit. I hope youll enjoy this as much as we do!
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons chai tea mix (or use black tea or non-dairy milk)
- 35 g bittersweet chocolate
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chocolate chips, of choice (optional)
- In a mug combine tea and bittersweet chocolate. Melt in the microwave at 680 W for about 1:30 (this may vary depending on your microwave). It should look like hot chocolate.
- Then using a fork whisk in flour, baking powder and baking soda. If you like add in chocolate chips. The mixture should look like a thicker muffin batter. If needed, add more tea by the ts.
- Microwave for another minute at 765 W until the cake has risen and is no longer pudgy.
- Let cool a bit and enjoy (great with frozen soy yogurt on top).