Recipe by Lizzymommy
Every time I make this soup, people rave about it. It couldn't be any easier, and tastes like you've slaved over the stove all day! Delicious, high protein, high fiber, low fat, low calorie! This recipe is a constant in our menu rotation. It's also what I call "Pantry Food" because everything required is stuff we always keep on hand. Perfect for a sudden cold snap that has you craving hot soup!
Top Review by Mbcooker
So easy and so tasty, I added some cumin and cilantro. Great to make after work. This is a soup where the sum of it's parts are much better than the individual ingredients. Will make again and again.
- 1 (15 ounce) can vegetable broth (or 2 cups. If you're not vegetarian, whatever broth or stock you have on hand is perfectly fine)
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans (fat-free)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn (use one of the empty cans filled to the very top)
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the broth and refried beans into a soup pot and heat, while whisking together, until the beans have incorporated fully into the broth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and heat, while stirring, until the soup is nice and bubbly.
- Serve with a variety of toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, fresh cilantro, a few drops Chipotle tabasco (This is the BEST add-in!), etc. The variations are endless and delicious!