Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
We've all heard of clam chowder and just love eating it! Here is a crab chowder you'll love, too. It is a yummy concoction conceived by Meghan Pembleton and submitted to our newspaper. :You can control some of the calories by your choice of milk in this recipe: use either whole, 2%, 1% or skim. Do not cut back on the half-and-helf, however; you need its creaminess in the chowder.
- 2 medium potatoes, Russet, peeled, cut into large chunks
- 2 cups milk, see abover
- 1 cup half-and-half, see above
- 1 cup canned lump crabmeat
- 4 green onions, sliced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a medium pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-high and cook potatoes until tender; about 15 minutes.
- Drain and return to pot; return pot to medium-high heat. Add milk and half-and-half and mash well with fork or potato masher.
- Gently stir in crab and green on;ions (you don't want to break up the lumps); season with salt and pepper. Cook until heated through and slightly thickened, about 3-5 minutes.