Recipe by Jaymee
I have made complicated marinades in the past but shrimp are so delicious they need nothing more than this treatment. Subtle flavors and the shrimp stay juicy. Alter as needed for the amount of shrimp you have.
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tail intact
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, I use extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large garlic clove, minced (or 2 small)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp in a shallow bowl. Be sure to crush dried oregano in your fingers to release extra flavor. Mix well.
- Add shrimp, tossing to coat. Allow to stand 5 minutes.
- Thread on skewers.
- Grill 2-3 minutes per side until opaque. Watch closely!
- Enjoy with some lemon wedges on the side.