Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
I have made complicated marinades in the past but shrimp are so delicious they need nothing more than this treatment. Subtle flavors and the shrimp stay juicy. Alter as needed for the amount of shrimp you have.
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tail intact
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, I use extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large garlic clove, minced (or 2 small)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp in a shallow bowl. Be sure to crush dried oregano in your fingers to release extra flavor. Mix well.
- Add shrimp, tossing to coat. Allow to stand 5 minutes.
- Thread on skewers.
- Grill 2-3 minutes per side until opaque. Watch closely!
- Enjoy with some lemon wedges on the side.
Simple, delicious and quick off the grill. Great for a busy work night! We enjoyed every bite. Thanks!
This is excellent, Jaymee! I marinated the shrimp for a couple hours before grilling and the flavor was fabulous! Very easy following your directions to a "T". Thanks so much for a wonderful and simple to prepare dinner!
We doubled this for our family get-together over the weekend and it was a big hit! Instead of skewers, we used our shrimp basket on the grill. They tasted wonderful and were so quick and easy to make!!!