Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a recipe I got out of the book "500 Five Ingredient Recipes" by Better Homes and Gardens. I haven't tried it yet but I'm posting it here to save it for later. I'm thinking of trying it in the crock pot.
- 1360.77 g boneless beef rump roast
- 340.19 g can beer
- 236.59 ml ketchup
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- Trim any excess fat from the roast. Place in a 4-quart Dutch oven. In a bowl stir together beer and ketchup. Pour over roast.
- Bake, covered, in a 325 degree F oven for 2 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Remove roast from Dutch oven. Cover meat; let stand while finishing sauce.
- Meanwhile, stir brown sugar and pepper into the sauce. Bring sauce to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Slice roast. Skim fat from sauce and serve with the meat.