Enchilada sauce has all the ingredients for chili in it, except two, meat and cumin. Good restaurants use Tri-Tip for a great chili.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rub meat with spices ( I use Santa Maria tri tip seasoning ).
- 2Cook Tri-Tip on BBQ med heat for 30 minute fat side up.
- 3remove from direct heat and bake in BBQ for another 30 minute.
- 4Cool then cover and refrigerate overnight. This is important because the meat will retain moisture.
- 5In A.M. cut Tri-Tip across grain into 1 inch chunks, remove and discard fat.
- 6Place in crock pot.
- 7Add enchilada sauce, cumin, and water.
- 8Cook on low (I use the warm setting on my crock pot when I am at work then when I get home finish on low if necessary).
- 9Remember this is beef and overcooking is easy to do.
- 10Add beans if desired.
- 11Please let sit chili overnight before eating.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 5 Ingredient Chili
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 653.1
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 245.7 mg
- Sodium 1213.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 79.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: