Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are very good cheese straws. I really enjoyed them!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, at room temperature
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a mixer bowl, beat butter, salt and pepper until creamy.
- Add cheese; mix well.
- Gradually add flour, mixing until dough begins to form a ball.
- Form dough into ball with hands.
- Roll dough out onto wax paper and cut into 1" squares.
- Bake 12 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store tightly covered.